We love teachers.
So, we created the Teacher Festival. This after-hours event at the museum on Sept. 8 is designed to showcase community resources available to educators, as well as offer an adults-only night out to relax.
Teacher Festival is an opportunity for educators, homeschooling parents, and administrators to visit the museum; meet community partners and businesses who have programs and products designed to make teaching (and life in general) easier; and to have fun. The educational opportunities we’ll highlight throughout the museum are geared toward those educating children up to about fifth grade, though we welcome all educators to attend.
Here are a few of our favorite reasons we think you should attend Teacher Festival:
- Freebies – The first 500 guests will receive gift bags. The goodies in these bags were selected with teachers in mind.
- Community Resources – More than 20 vendors will have information tables featuring products and programs that will be helpful to teachers.
- Scavenger hunt – We’re the Omaha Children’s Museum, so of course, we have to include a fun activity at Teacher Festival. Put on your thinking caps, we’re sending you on a scavenger hunt throughout the museum. Good luck!
- Yummy food – The only thing better than good food is good, FREE food. Food samples will be served from vendors including Chick-fil-A, Jimmy Johns and Ted and Wally’s.
- Complimentary drinks – Cheers! We’ll have a bar with complimentary beer and wine, as well as non-alcoholic beverages. Each attendee receives one free drink ticket.
- Raffle prizes – Several of our community partners have donated fantastic raffle prizes, including a $50 gift card from Flagship Restaurant Group, an Oriental Trading Co. gift card, and a KANEKO membership.
The best part is, it’s free to attend. Please pre-register at ocm.org. This adults-only night is open for ages 18 and older; ID is required to consume alcoholic beverages. For more information, please contact Kelsey at email@example.com or 402-930-2340.